Thursday, March 02, 2006

Shakespeare in love

What eyes did I see
That stared back at me
Filled with emotions unspeakable
The gaze that captures me

What fingers grazed my arm
So light and tender
That draws me closer
To the beating heart

Why, before I even knew
Love had crept into my heart
Icy passion so overwhelming
Every moment not spent with thee such painful agony

Then, such fantasy succumbed to reality
Truth had gave away all within grasp
I had fallen unwittingly
Into the deep valley of emptiness

No longer grateful for love's first touch
No longer joyful for the first kiss of the first lip
I'm destroyed, my soul torn apart
Love that filled my life with light, vanished

Distance that fills the gap between us
What ending for such love so pure
And never to set eye on each other again
Never to hear nor feel the rushing blood in thy vein

What sound fills my world now
Only the scratching of my pen
On paper filled with sorrow
Writing up a world with only you and me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home