Tuesday, February 14, 2006

broken promise

the tears gathered,
obscuring my vision.
my voice wavered,
choking my reasons.

i stuttered, i stumbled.
i muttered, i mumbled.
the words are all lost,
somewhere in this garble.

the tears seeped back,
drying my eyes.
for a second,
i thought all was fine.

and then you spoke,
my resolve shattered.
whatever i thought,
didn't matter.

you were there!
i thought,
when i most needed you,
of your own accord.

yet when i turned around,
it isn't you i see,
but the face of another,
staring back at me.

what are these?
he asked,
eyes wide open,
staring at my cheeks.

horrified,
i quickly turned,
and answered,
none of your concern.

once again,
my heart's crushed;
i don't trust myself
to speak.

why weren't you there,
to hold me as i weep?
to sshh and hug me,
then pat me to sleep?

you said you'll always,
be there for me.
but now that i need you
are you gona just let me be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home