Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Plato's cave

The shadows dance in front of me
And I enjoy them
All my life I need not think
For everything was in front of me

Were there even chains?
Were there things that bound me to this place?
I did not know that the metal was around my neck
And around me feet, my hands

Then someone unlocked me
I then understood what they meant by free
The shadows, there was more to them
It was casted by the painful thing behind

The painful thing, I know now
Is called fire, creates light
There was more to shadows, I am sure
Because to have shadows, there must be light

The hand led me out of what I learnt to be the cave
In the 'open', as he taught me
Was the air, and around was trees, water
But overseeing all was the Sun

I start to think, where did the trees
Water and Sun come from?
Did they appear out of no where?
Or did someone created them

I start to question more I needed more
There was more to life than this
Just like shadows needed light,
There must be something behind all this!

Then he told me it was time
Time for what? I asked, but no reply
Only the vice grip on my wrists
Forcing me back into where I came from

No! I shouted, seeing the limitedness of my view
But The chains again bound my neck my hands my legs
These were chains! We were Prisoners
The shadows were illusions of freedom

What illusion? The one to my right asked
What cave? The one to my left asked
Both of them were obliged to speak
Upon hearing my voice

I started to explain what I saw
Started to tell of the cave we were in
But one doubted while the other jeered
Both amused by my unbelievable adventure

In the cave again, I constantly struggle
Struggle against the chains that bound
I'm a prisoner in this cave, if I was not to be free
Why free me in the first place?

(I got this inspiration from plato's cave)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home