Sunday, October 02, 2005

respect, i'm pleading

please don't take me back there
please don't pull me down 'gain
please somebody out there
come & help me hear my cries

please don't hold on to me
please don't grab me too tight
please don't shout in my face
till i cry & cry & cry

i'm shouting for my future
though there's not much to see
left over down & broken
i wanna go away

into my own picture
take it as i've not been through
this torture i bore you
yet you trap me & no one sees.

i'm shouting for my future
though i shouldn't ask for more
i'm getting the respect
the one that's due & for.

-michelle
* i wrote this after what i saw at tanah merah mrt station underground tunnel the day we went for the JC talk.
this pretty old auntie was crying & i don't know if u call it shouting... & this guy was grabbing her hand and pushed her to the wall & shouted at the auntie to go back & don't act silly... i was like... i stopped for a moment, knew that i wanted to do something but in the end i didn't... then later on i don't know why i just got so emotional throughout the train ride back home... yep...*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home