Tuesday, August 30, 2005

maybe

my feelings are stuck in me
like a huge ball choking me up,
while i try to find the words
to describe all that i'm feeling.

but words that once came
so freely to me,
are now lost somewhere
en route to my brain.

i shed ghost tears,
tears that well up behind my eyelids
and threaten to devour me whole
but never actually spill out.

i scream ghost cries,
trying to vent my anger
at the things
i do not yet fully understand.

when will i wake up
from this self-inflicted misery?
when will i escape from
this dark abyss that is my life?

i wonder what it will take
to rouse me from this darkness
that has held me so,
in his cold, cold embrace?

perhaps, with time,
my pain will dull,
no longer killing,
but just an ache inside.

and with all that's left of me,
broken though it may be,
but maybe, just maybe
i will be able to forget and escape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home